Friday, April 17, 2009

"Rock On" Project

This Project has been a interesting experience. I have learned different skills that I really think one day will be important to have. I don't plan to have a band or a tour anytime soon, but learning how to edit and work on the Wiki has opened my potential. Working on the Interent is something that I knew very little about before this class. With this project I have not only learned how to work with the interent, but how to work with other's while working on the interent. Another thing to add is that my team only consisted of Yurias and I, two people. All other teams in our class had three, meaning that we had to put that much more effort into everything we did. This has taught me an important lesson in that life may not be fair, but you have to work with what you have and still produce. In this project I have used previous skills and in the process learned new skills to create the final product.
As a Jazz Duet, our purpose is to inspire other's to create music just like us. Yurias and I create music and soothe the mind. We travel across the country to promote our name as well as jazz in general. Our Prices stay relatively low because we do not want to turn anyone away from the wonderful music of Jazz. Our dream is to one day resurect jazz and make it a national music phenonomon once again.
Since we are still relatively new, yet popular, we want to insure that we target the right audince. To everyone of our concerts we invite music educators and there students. These students are the futures of jazz, and by providing them with a concert you are showing them the potential. We also want to increase the Jazz industry and obviously we want to be succesful ourselves. Amplified Sound plays at small veneus to insure that we sell out to give our band a good reputation. Also, we go to venues that are already "jazz friendly" to increase our popularity.
Like in any bussiness, Amplified sound alplies the seven key functions of marketing. We use our music to promote our band and the jazz industry. We price our tickets at a reasonable level to insure that our finances are good and to make sure that we are not losing our audience. We feed off of what the audience wants, whether its swing, blues, straight jazz etc. We have T-shirts and other products that anyone can obtain by distrubiting them at all of our performances.
This projects has been a fun experience. I have learned necessary skills for the future, helping me one day be succesful.

No comments: